The vision of our school
The vision of our school is to prepare and motivate students by instilling in them critical reasoning skills, respect for themselves and one another and a commitment to excellence, kindness and perseverance.
The Educational PhilosophyThe Marble Hill School for International Studies embodies the following beliefs about education and learning:
- Student learning is the chief priority and focus of the school.
- Learning must occur through valuable and meaningful experiences.
- Learning must engage students’ unique gifts, passions and rights.
- Students learn best in heterogeneous settings using collaborative grouping and a variety of instructional approaches.
- Fluency in more than one language is an asset for the student, the school and the community.
- Language learning promotes awareness and tolerance of other cultures.<./li>
- Teachers have greater commitment to the school when their roles become that of counselors, advisors and facilitators.
- Sharing responsibilities as members of the school community creates a supportive learning environment.